PMI Engineers have been the structural engineer in teams that have won some 30 national & state awards for best house, best public building & best commercial building in NSW, Australia and internationally. Most notably we shared in 5 Wilkinson Awards for best house in NSW and the Robin Boyd Award in 2020 for Basin Beach House with architect Peter Stutchbury.
Our Founding Engineer Professor Max Irvine is the author of “Cable Structures” (MIT Press 1981) where the engineering theory of cable structures was first presented, as well as author of “Structural Dynamics for the Practising Engineer” (E.&F.N.Spon, London 1986, 1993).
- 2022 ACSE Award for Sustainable Structures - The National Herbarium
- 2022 Commendation New Houses under 200 square metres - House at Flat Rock
- 2021 NSW Architecture Awards - Residential Architecture Alterations and Additions - Lena (Smart Design Studio), Birchgrove House (TZG)
- 2021 NSW Architecture Awards - Residential Architecture Alterations and Additions Hugh and Eva Buhrich Award - The Hat Factory (Welsh and Major)
- 2021 NSW Architecture Awards - Residential Architecture Houses - Bunkeren (James Stockwell Architect)
- 2020 The Robin Boyd Award for Residential Architecture – Houses (New) - Basin Beach House ( Peter Stutchbury Architecture)
- ACSE Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering 2017 - Small Buildings Projects for the Myrtle St Warehouse Conversion
- The Coal Loader Platform Project won two awards at the Parks and Leisure Australia (NSW/ACT) 2018 Awards of Excellence event, for both the Park of the Year Award and the Community Facility of the Year Award categories.
- British Airways i360 was awarded the 2017 Supreme Award for Structural Engineering Excellence by IStructE, as well as the award for Tall or Slender Structures.
- Invisible House won the RIBA Award for International Excellence, 2016 in conjunction with PSA
- Hermit House in Vaucluse won the 2014 Excellence in Housing Award for projects over $10m from the Master Builders Association.
- Long House in Sabah, in conjunction with Marra-Yeh Architecture, won the prestigious international AR House Award in 2012.
- The Cliff Face House in Palm Beach, designed by Fergus Scott Architects with PSA, won the 2012 Wilkinson Award for best house.
- Wilcox House in Leura was awarded the Wilkinson Award in 2008 for best house in NSW.
- Springwater in Seaforth won the RAIA National Robin Boyd Award in 2005;
- Deepwater Woolshed won the RAIA award for best commercial building in Australia and Ecologically Sustainable Design in 2005
- The Hendler-Shein Bay house in Watson’s Bay won the Institute of Architects Robin Boyd award for the best house in Australia in 2003;
- The Toombal Plains House at Yamba, in conjunction with architect Fergus Scott, won the Wilkinson Award in 2003.
House at Flat Rock - Billy Maynard Architect
‘Is this the best modern house in the world?’ Bunkeren House Tour - The Local Project
British Airways i360
British Airways i360 Damper Construction
Hermit House - Bellevarde Constructions & PSA
Danger Island Prefab House - Sue Harper